Monday, November 10, 2008

Waitin' On A Sunny Day (Day 162)

Bruce Springsteen - "Waitin' On A Sunny Day"
Broken Social Scene - "Her Disappearing Theme"
Blonde Redhead - "Publisher"
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - "The Way"
Os Mutantes - "Le Premier Bonheur Du Jour"
I promised to kick this blog back in gear, and look what I cough up on a Monday. I know, I know, but it's not my fault - - exactly. After drop-off today, I rode the subway most of the way with another parent in G's class. It seemed a bit rude to excuse myself from the conversation and plug in. It's too bad because I actually uploaded some new music over the weekend and was anxious to see if anything came up. Guess we'll both just have to wait.

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 5
Total minutes of music (approx.): 25
Song with the most previous plays: "Waitin' On A Sunny Day" - 9
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 4 (for lenght)
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: It's book fair at pre-school this week. The first book G zeroed in on today was a Wow! Wow! Wubzy! sticker book. Can any parent clue me in to just how nefarious this particular cartoon is? It comes on at 6am, so let's just say I haven't given it my full, undivided attention.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Wow, wow, Wubzy, Wubzy, Wubzy, wow, wow! It's very catchy. I don't think I've ever paid any attention to it when it's been on, though. That fact is freaking me out a little, because they could be showing anything while I'm in another room humming along with the theme song. If you ever actually watch it, let me know if you pick up on some sort of "agenda," please, (Hey, I do watch Yo Gabba Gabba. And Jack's Big Music Show, because the way they walk/mosey off, all kneeless, at the end never fails to crack me up. We Jack-mosey all over the house.)
My kids always pick out the tie-in books at the book fair. I go in with such high hopes and come out with a bunch of Pokemon guides.

Uncle E said...

I can't believe I know this, but...I think Wubsy's voice is the same voice as the squirrel on Spongebob! An odd looking yellow creature with a Texas accent.
Sheesh

sarah said...

I thought it was Sandy's voice, too. I think there's a total of about 6 people who do cartoon voices.
(We really do turn off the TV occasionally.)