Thursday, November 20, 2008

No More Shoes (Day 170)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "There Is A Kingdom"
Nada Surf - "Treading Water" (live)
The Wrens - "Jane Fakes A Hug"
Wilco - "Ever Fallen in Love"
Stephen Malkmus - "No More Shoes"
Jay Reatard - "You Mean Nothing To Me"
The Evens - "Get Even"
Charlie Louvin' - "Waitin For A Train"
Vetiver - "Farther On"
Okay, we're back. Sorry about yesterday's aborted post. To be honest, work is really busy this time of year and there may be a few more of those between now and New Year's then I'd like. In any case, if anybody's waiting with bated breath to know what I wanted to mention yesterday, here it is. (And apologies in advance because it's not that interesting, especially if you've been waiting 24 hours to read it.) Basically I was going to point out how incredibly, and uncannily, the Josh Ritter song "Rumors" (from yesterday's list) sounds like...wait for it...the Britney Spears song "Toxic." Don't ask how I might know this, but I actually thought John might be covering Brit. Trying to dig up some clips to prove this to you... You know what? It's not gonna happen. All the "Rumors" clips are live and all the Britney "Toxic" videos won't embed. Oh, well. I'll just ask you to do some homework and listen for yourself to see if I'm making any sense. In the meantime, an interesting list today. Anyone have any thoughts on Jay Reatard? I just recently uploaded the Matador Singles '08 album. He's one of those prolific dudes who appears to fart out a song a minute. It's all rough, lo-fi garage rock, but I think I like it.

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 9
Total minutes of music (approx.): 40
Song with the most previous plays: "No More Shoes," "Waitin For A Train" (tied) - 6
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 6
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Tenth coffee card punch, baby! Next one's on the house.

No comments: