Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh Asia (Day 164)

Illinois - "Oh Asia" (live)
Nirvana - "Here She Comes Now"
Okay, want to feel old? Here's the baby from the Nevermind album cover (released in 1991).









The now 17-year-old Spencer Elden recently recreated the famous shot. MTV has a story on the guy, whose parents got just $200 bucks for the famous photo shoot. The best part of the article: Elden told [MTV] that being the Nirvana baby has its perks. He references it when trying to pick up ladies, he said: "I have to use stupid pickup lines like, 'You want to see my p---s ... again?'"
[Update: The original, in case you misplaced your copy...]



















The Black Keys - "Remember When (Side B)"
Arctic Monkeys - "When The Sun Goes Down"
Elvis Presley - "Just Because"
The Roots - "The Show"
Stars - "The Beginning After The End"
The Clash - "Hate & War"
The Velvet Underground - "I'll Be Your Mirror"
Tortoise - "Blackjack"
Sonic Youth - "Eric's Trip"
Iron & Wine - "White Tooth Man"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 12
Total minutes of music (approx.): 39
Song with the most previous plays: "Oh Asia" - 7
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 7
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: I had no idea, until I got to work, that it's the anniversary or Exploding Whale Day! Take a look.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whale of story and I will remember it whenever I need to get rid of large, auquatic mammal. I guess you can't make this stuff up.

comoprozac said...

Thanks for making me feel old. I recently realized that I saw Nirvana 15 years ago this fall.

pcup said...

... and also the anniversary of Neil Young's birth. I really shouldn't know that.

GE said...

Happy B-day, Neil. How old is the codger, P-cup?

pcup said...

63