Monday, November 17, 2008

Soda (Day 167)

Damien Rice - "The Animals Were Gone"
Roy Orbison - "You're Gonna Cry"
Busy day at work, and to be honest I'm still in a haze from a weekend dominated by a sick toddler. She's fine, but fever and a cough mean frequent waking up and, naturally, I had to spend a good amount of time sharing a kids-sized bed with her. My back is the thing mostly gonna cry. So, this makes the first appearance of velvet-voiced crooner Roy Orbison on WILTOMWTWT. A coworker had a copy of the recent box set - - which is an incredibly comprehensive 107 songs - - so I uploaded it. Apparently the guy sang more than "Pretty Woman." This track appeared on Roy's first album, Roy Orbison at the Rock House. The record was for Sun Records so it has that rockabilly style (actually Sun owner Sam Phillips wrote the song too). Nice shot of early R&R for the AM.
The Mountain Goats - "Sept. 15, 1983"
Bright Eyes - "Make A Plan To Love Me"
Dr. Dog - "From"
Dolorean - "You Don't Want To Know"
The Roots - "I Can't Help It"
Marah - "Soda"
The White Stripes - "Suzy Lee" (live)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "The Carny"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 10
Total minutes of music (approx.): 44
Song with the most previous plays: "Soda" - 9
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 6
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: I started thinking about lunch early. Why? I made an awesome meatloaf yesterday and it was nestled between two pieces of bread for lunch today. So good.

3 comments:

comoprozac said...

Me likes a good meatloaf. I may have to try that one sometime.

sarah said...

I have never mastered meatloaf. Please share your secret.
I hope you and your little one have a better and more restful night tonight.

GE said...

You guys gotta try it. Just follow the link to the recipe. The secret appears to be ground bacon and prunes. Keeps things moist with just a hint of sweetness.