Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Chimbley Sweep (Day 160)

Bob Dylan - "Tombstone Blues"
The Decemberists - "The Chimbley Sweep"
Radiohead - "Morning Bell/Amnesiac"
Sufjan Stevens - "The Avalanche"
Bob Dylan - "Bob Dylan's Dream"
Superchunk - "Indoor Living"
Sloan - "Everything You've Done Wrong"
I'm not going to lie to you: I've still got the fever. I thought I could return to my regularly scheduled program, but it's apparently not true. It was at this point in today's playlist that I managed to regain consciousness - - that is consciousness lost due to the Times special section on election results. What brought me back was the opening of this song from my favorite Sloan record, One Chord to Another. It's a straight-up Chicago-style horn attack. Imagine if Chicago was from Canada...and cool. This would definitely have been one of their hits. Sorry, that's all I got the. The fever will wear off eventually. I think.
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - "Trains"
The White Stripes - "Suzy Lee" (live)

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 9
Total minutes of music (approx.): 38
Song with the most previous plays: "The Chimbley Sweep" - 13
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: I bought coffee. I drink coffee at home. And I drink coffee at work. I drink too much coffee.

1 comment:

Angry John Sellers said...

She was underwhelmed if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up.