Friday, August 29, 2008

The Crane Wife 3 (Day 114)

Sufjan Stevens - "Sleeping Bear, Sault Saint Marie"
Here we are, at the end of summer. I'd love to pen some ode to those hazy, hot and humid days that are soon to be history for another year...but I want to get the hell out of here! See you Tuesday. (By the way, I've been to Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan and it's beautiful. Look.)



















(Sadly, not my photo. Thanks to this random Flickr photographer. Nice stuff, btw.)


Conor Oberst - "Souled Out!!!"

Magnetic Fields - "All My Little Words"
Beck - "Orphans"
Gorillaz - "All Alone"
Karl Blau - "The Dark, Magic Sea"
Pernice Brothers - "Cruelty To Animals"
The Decembrists - "The Crane Wife 3"
Sufjan Stevens - "No Man's Land"
Robert Plant & Allison Krauss - "Killing The Blues"
The White Stripes - "Black Math"
James - "Basic Brian"
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "The Toro And The Toeador"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 13
Total minutes of music (approx.): 53
Song with the most previous plays: "The Crane Wife 3" - 20
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 5
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: On the train, I was reading the paper and recalling this highlight of O's speech:
Tonight, I say to the American people, to Democrats and Republicans and Independents across this great land -- enough! This moment -- this election -- is our chance to keep, in the 21st century, the American promise alive. Because next week, in Minnesota, the same party that brought you two terms of George Bush and Dick Cheney will ask this country for a third. And we are here because we love this country too much to let the next four years look like the last eight. On November 4th, we must stand up and say: "Eight is enough."
Love the sentiment, but do we have to be reminded of this:

2 comments:

comoprozac said...

I've been there too. The dunes that is.

There is always room in presidential politics for lame 70's TV references.

Anonymous said...

I think I own both Adam Rich's and Willie Aames' outfits...