Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Black (Day 115)

Stars - "What I'm Trying To Say"
Teenage Fanclub - "Tears Are Cool"
Talking Heads - "Uh-Oh, Love Comes To Town"
Camera Obscura - "Tears For Affairs"
fIREHOSE - "Hear Me"
Dolorean - "You Can't Win"
Eleventh Dream Day - "For Everything"
Lucinda Williams - "Words Fell" (live)
Okkervil River - "Black"
The Beatles - "Octopus's Garden"
Sorry... I don't have much time today, so just one quick anecdote from the long weekend. We were spending Monday afternoon on this lovely beach next to a lake (a perfect end to summer), when one of the lifeguards came by asking everyone if they minded the music that the she and her friends were playing. But oddly, her exact words were, "I want to make sure no one minds The Beatles." Wha? First of all,
how nice to ask? Secondly, she's only about 17, so the fact that they're even playing The Beatles renews some faith in humanity. And third of all, does anyone really mind The Beatles? Aren't they, like, they only universally appreciated band on the planet? It's pretty much like pizza, no?
Teddy Thompson - "Sorry To See Me Go"
Belle & Sebastian - "The Loneliness Of A Middle Distance Runner"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 12
Total minutes of music (approx.): 46
Song with the most previous plays: "Black" - 10
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: I wanted to get my haircut before work, but it just didn't work out.

2 comments:

comoprozac said...

I'm worried that they're listening to the Beatles. Aren't young people supposed to listen to new music?

I was a middle distance runner.

KR said...

I, (cough)... don't like the Beatles usually. I mean I appreciate what they brought to pop and rock and... ok, just about every other genre of music. I just get tired of them faster than I would with any other band's album. If they shuffle in that's ok, but I normally don't listen to a whole song.

Then again, I wouldn't have told the youngsters to turn off their music on the beach, either.