Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sunny Old Sun (Day 125)

Dan Zanes - "Sunny Old Sun"
Oh man, what a freaking morning. Something horrible and something great happened - - all before I go to work! And unfortunately I don't have time to give either story justice. The gist of the bad: My dog got bitten (or is it bit?) by another dog. She's fine, but let's just say one ear will always be a little shorter than the other. The gist of the good: Took my daughter to her second-ever day of school. Which was great, and less traumatizing for either of us than I thought. (One programming note: The WILTOMWTWT playlists will probably be a bit shorter from now on. The plan is for me to take her to school every day - - which I'm totally looking forward to. But that also means we have to walk to a city bus and then ride about 10 minutes to her school. After dropping her off, I'll be near a different subway line that gets me to work faster than normal. Less music, but think of all the Kids Say The Darndest Things-type blog material!)
The Beatles - "If I Needed Someone"
The Rolling Stones - "Prodigal Son"
Lucinda Williams - "Out Of Touch" (live)
Television - "Marquee Moon"
Mercury Rev - "Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp"
Coleman Hawkins - "April In Paris"
Weezer - "Troublemaker"
The Black Keys - "Remember When"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 9
Total minutes of music (approx.): 35
Song with the most previous plays: "Sunny Old Sun" - 7
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: See above.

No comments: