Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ragged Wood (Day 144)

Radiohead - "Nude"
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "The Kindness Of Strangers"
The Jayhawks - "Madman"
New Radiant Storm King - "Phonecall II"
Steve Earle - "Down Here Below"
Joe Henry - "King's Highway"
Fleet Foxes - "Ragged Wood"
If it was earlier in the day, I might write 15,000 words about my love for Fleet Foxes. But it's late, so just I'll let the number of previous plays speak for me (see below). I definitely haven't tired of the best album of 2008 yet. On a very related note, here is a clip of two Swedish girls performing "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" in the woods. It's pretty great.



The Mountain Goats - "Song For Dennis Brown"
Stereolab - "Captain Easychord"
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - "Dark Wave"
The Hold Steady - "Stevie Nix"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 11
Total minutes of music (approx.): 47
Song with the most previous plays: "Ragged Wood" - 20
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Time for an admission: I'm addicted to Rachel Maddow. I don't think I'll be able to quit her until the election is over. Even then, who knows? A choice clip from last night.



1 comment:

comoprozac said...

Fleet Foxes = great

Rachel Maddow = GREATER

I've been planning to write a post on my many great crushes, Maddow being the newest one.