Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Business Time (Day 141)

The Wedding Present - "Model, Actress, Whatever..."
The Fiery Furnaces - "I'm In No Mood"
Coleman Hawkins - "Like Someone In Love"
Flight Of The Conchords - "Business Time"
Back with another short, but solid playlist today. A little too much, err, business to attend to today at work, so I'm going to have to leave the commentary to my 2 readers. (Hey, where are my 2 readers!?) By the way you know when I'm down to my socks it's business time, that's why they call them business socks...



Wilco - "I'm A Wheel"
Belle & Sebastian - "A Century Of Fakers"
Johnny Cash - "Two Timing Woman"
Pavement - "We Dance"
Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 9
Total minutes of music (approx.): 32
Song with the most previous plays: "Business Time" - 8
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Am I the only one that keeps replaying the "That One" moment over in their head and thinking WTF!

6 comments:

comoprozac said...

Reader #1 here...

Just the title of any FOtC song cracks my shit up. " By the way you know when I'm down to my socks it's business time, that's why they call them business socks..." Now that's funny!

Interesting that the set begins with the Wedding Present who once covered Pavement...who also appears on today's list.

I too thought WTF when McCain pulled the "That One" card. It almost sounded like "Those People" but I can't be sure.

Uncle E said...

#2 here...
I think "I'm A Wheel" is the best McCartney composition since Let It Be.

Oh, that's Jeff Tweedy? Really?

My mistake. A wonderful song anyway.
Been getting into PAvement's Wowee Zowee a lot lately. What a great album that is, quite possibly their most underrated in my estimation. Great list today.

GE said...

Thanks for your support guys!

Anonymous said...

Still read you every day!

sarah said...

Reader #4! I'm sorry I've been so read & run lately...I've had lots to say (because I always do), but haven't had the chance. You know I don't miss a day, though.

GE said...

That's 4 solid! And mom thought I wouldn't amount to much. I kid. Thanks again.