Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 6

Bishop Allen - "Click Click Click" (live)
Rivers Cuomo - "Crazy One"
Neko Case - "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood"
Rufus Wainwright - "Shadows"
Here's the deal: I kinda liked Rufus, now he kinda bugs me. So why is he still on the iPod? Good question. Ever hear of compulsive hoarding? Well, it's a real psychological disorder that I have very up-close-and-personal knowledge of. (More on that later, maybe.) So I hoard music, a little. It's tough for me to get rid of something even if it's not my favorite. But, it does add a little bit of realism to this straight shuffle method of listening to my iPod. This way it's more like listening to the radio - - not every song is the best ever. Plus, Rufus is not that bad. A bit whiny, that's all.
Aimee Mann - "I Can't Help You Anymore"
David Bowie - "Wild Is the Wind"
Girl Talk - "Warm It Up"
I bet this is one of those songs that would make you say, "Really, dude? You like a DJ, turntablist, sampler (whatever you want to call it)?" Why not? This guy is kind of awesome. He mashes up every kind music under the sun and it becomes this really groovy product in the end. Ever hear the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" sampled in the same track as Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son"? Well, then you never heard this song.
Ben Folds - "Songs of Love"
Del McCoury & Steve Earle - "Graveyard Shift"
Guided By Voices - "Pivotal Film"
Warren Zevon - "Prison Grove"
Sonic Youth - "Pattern Recognition"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 12
Total minutes of music (approx.): 45
Song with the most previous plays:
"I Can't Help You Anymore" - 10
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: There were tiny rocks in my right sneaker that were bugging the shit out of me. (I'm sorry that this part of the post is evolving into the daily gripe. I'll try and stop. I don't want to end up like a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless. Oops.)

No comments: