Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 1

Welcome to my little self-indulgent experiment.

Basically while I was on my way to work today, and listening to my iPod per usual, I tried to remember what songs I heard the day before. Wouldn't it be great if I had a record of everything I listened to, I thought to myself. The answer is obviously, No, that would not even be remotely great. But still, I'm curious enough that I thought I'd create this blog. Maybe I'll post the songs themselves. (Is that legal?) Maybe I'll comment on the songs. Maybe I'll say something of import. Don't hold your breath.

So, without further adieu, here is What I Listened To On My Way To Work Today:

Bon Iver - "Blindsided"
Bon Iver - "Creature Fear"
Bon Iver - "Team"
Bon Iver - "For Emma"
Bon Iver - "Re: Stacks"
Wait, you're probably saying, "Don't you usually shuffle?" First of all, you don't know me well enough to know that yet. But, the answer happens to be yes. I usually do shuffle, but yesterday I really got into this album by Bon Iver (For Emma, Forever Ago). They have a very slow, atmospheric Grizzly Bear sound and the singer sounds just like the guy from Tv On The Radio, but in a good way. Oh shit, I'm already commenting. Is this a real blog, or what?
Broken Social Scene - "Hotels"
Islands - "Volcanoes"
Sonic Youth - "The Neutral"
Stereolab - "Miss Modular"
Emmylou Harris - "Strong Hand"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 10
Total minutes of music
(approx.): 40
Song with the most previous plays: "Miss Modular" - 8

No comments: