Monday, July 14, 2008

Apple Orchard (Day 83)

The Arcade Fire - "Black Mirror" (live)
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - "Oregon Girl" (live)
Bloc Party - "She's Hearing Voices"
LCD Soundsystem - "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House"
Beach House - "Apple Orchard"
The Clash - "Garageland"
Bob Dylan - "Santa Fe"
DJ Shadow - "Why Hip Hop Sucks in '96"
Beck - "Cold Brains"
Stars - "Calendar Girl"
The Wrens - "Still Complaining"
N.E.R.D. - "Love Bomb"
Bodies Of Water - "We Will Be Apart"
Rilo Kiley - "Breakin' Up"
Sorry everyone, too busy again so all you get is a straight up list of what I listened to on the way to work today sans incredible commentary and pith. (And I won't dare blog about the Mets again - - even though they are still kicking ass - - seeing as there was not a single comment on Friday!)

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 14
Total minutes of music (approx.): 50
Song with the most previous plays: "Apple Orchard," "Breakin' Up" (tie) - 5
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: On the way in I bought a salt bagel with cream cheese and a medium coffee. I know, a salt bagel sounds kinda gross, but you shouldn't knock it 'til you try it. The salt and the relatively bland flavor of the cream cheese really are a nice combination.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Salt makes everything good...sounds yummy.
I think it's great that the Mets are still kicking ass, but I haven't been keeping up for the past few weeks, unfortunately. It's been crazy around here. I haven't even been able to watch crack-of-dawn SportsCenter. Tragic!

Anonymous said...

I think this may have been one of my favorite playlists yet.

Uncle E said...

The variety on this list was great, gotta agree with anonymous...

comoprozac said...

There are two reasons the salt bagel works:

1. Those giant pretzels one gets at fairs, malls, or movie theaters are all about the salt.

2. Everything bagels are the greatest thing ever created and they have salt.

So, eat your salty bagels with pride, GE.

Yes, it's a good playlist (Did you skip this time?) and congrats on the win streak.

GE said...

Thanks for the comments, y'all. Funny that everyone liked this playlist so much. It didn't really strike me at the time, but there was a pretty good amount of variety. And, no, I did not cheat, Como!