Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Separate Ways (Day 70)

*Note: WILTOMWTWT is off for the next few days. I have a family wedding to attend over the weekend in Minnesota (a.k.a. Land of 10,000 Lakes). So, stop back next week....please. Also, I apologize for being so tardy today. It's been a crazy day at work, with a lot of loose ends to sew up before the long weekend. I wanted to blog quickly, but I also wanted to leave you with something to chew over while I'm gone. For that reason, I present WILTOMWTWT's first ever All-Video post. If it's shite, I won't hear about it until next week. Later!

Richard Buckner - "Numbered"
Not the same song, but you'll get the idea.



Rilo Kiley - "More Adventurous"



Tony Scherr - "Boxcar"
Again a different song, but here's Tony.



Violent Femmes - "Gone Daddy Gone"
Nice.



The Shins - "Caring Is Creepy"
She loves nerds.



Emmylou Harris - "Here I Am"



Coleman Hawkins - "You Never Know"
Different song, cool video.



Magnetic Fields - "I Don't Want To Get Over You"



Teddy Thomspon - "Separate Ways"



Dan Zanes - "How Do You Do?"
Cover your kids' eyes, it's Dan Zanes first rock 'n roll incarnation, The Del Fuegos.



Ryan Adams - "Why Do They Leave?"



Neil Young - "Love In Mind"
I love Uncle Neil.



Coldplay - "Swallowed In The Sea"



And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 14

Total minutes of music (approx.): 50
Song with the most previous plays: "Separate Ways" - 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Met pain lingers...



7 comments:

sarah said...

Does this mean we'll have the "What I Listened To On My Way to Minnesota" blog coming soon? Yay!
Also, poorly done, Mets. Boo, hiss.

pcup said...

My daughter loved the Magnetic Fields song and video ... but that incarnation of Dan Zanes ... not so much.

GE said...

I thought about doing it, Sarah--for you. But, I couldn't muster the energy. However, I will mention that a very capable jam-band played at the wedding and they performed both originals and covers. Among the covers (that I can remember) were these eclectic tunes:

Bob Seger – “Night Moves”
Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me”
The Band – “Ophelia”
Band of Horses – “Weed Party”
Guns ‘n Roses – “Sweet Child O’ Mine”

And Pcup, keep her away from the Internet. It's evil!

sarah said...

Aw, shucks...Thank you for the wedding set list, though! That sounds like a pretty amazing show--I actually said "wow" out loud.
And this is for you: Sunday morning, I opened the newspaper and found this article-
http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/sunday_journal/story/1116425.html
Crazy, huh?

sarah said...

Oh, gosh, did it get cut off? Feh. Anyway, it was a big article on ol' Ervin T. Rouse. Um, pretend you enjoyed it!

GE said...

Awesome article. Thanks, Sarah. Such a character - - love this quote: "Rouse would stick the bow between his legs and play the fiddle behind his back." You live near his hometown?

sarah said...

Umm, maybe? I live right outside of Raleigh, and have for 8 years, since we left Kentucky. I still feel new here, though. (Aha! Just looked it up...apparently, it's about 2 1/2+ hours away, but I drove through it last summer on my way to a really cool fossil museum near the coast. That whole area is amazing; it's like the land that time forgot. Very, very rural, quiet, and old-time country. Huh! Might have to make the trip back...But yeah, I can really see a character like that coming from that area!)