Friday, May 9, 2008

Suffer For Fashion (Day 43)*

*or, The Day I Decided To Write A Haiku About Each Song On The Playlist

Joe Henry - "Wave"
Did you know this fact?
Joe Henry is married to
Madonna's sister
Oneida - "The Beginning is Nigh"
They are from Brooklyn
This sounds like early Pink Floyd
I know the singer
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - "Success"
Elvis does country
Johnny Mullins wrote this song
It's a sad song - - natch
Coleman Hawkins - "I'll Never Be The Same"
His nickname was "Hawk"
And sometimes they called him "Bean"
These are both good names
Dolorean - "Jenny Place Your Bets"
Mellow alt-country
Is what this band does so well
They are from Portland
Chin Up Chin Up - "I Hope For Tumbleweeds"
Not too familiar
With this band that is indie
Some call it post-rock
Of Montreal - "Suffer For Fashion"
I really like this
This whole album is super
I want to dance now
Josh Rouse - "Saturday"
Yes, he's kinda fay
(I mean that in a nice way)
This is off Nashville
M Ward - "Archangel Tale"
Half of She & Him
M is very hot right now
He deserves it all
The Killers - "My List"
Hmm, questionable
Taste I show here with this band
Should I erase it?
The Books - "Vogt Dig For Kloppervok"
This is heady stuff
Weird, electronic and folk
One dude is Dutch - - natch

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 11
Total minutes of music (approx.): 48
Song with the most previous plays: "Suffer For Fashion" - 16
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today:
I brought in my lunch
I have a sandwich
And many of these.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what GE?
This blog would improve, if you
Stopped making up bands

comoprozac said...

I always comment
before everyone else
I guess not today

pcup said...

i learned some new slang
the dictionary helped me
i'm just not hip, natch