Friday, May 30, 2008

Feel Like Myself (Day 57)

Beirut - "Forks And Knives (La Fete)"
Brendan Benson - "Feel Like Myself"
Yo La Tengo - "From Black To Blue"
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - "Sheep"
Wilco - "Misunderstood" (live)
Yo La Tengo - "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House"
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - "London Calling" (live)
Sloan - "People Of The Sky"
Times New Viking - "Skulls Versus Wizard"
Destroyer - "Canadian Lover/Falcon's Escape"
I have to honest, I was pretty into every song on today's playlist. Add to that the unbelievable weather in NYC, the relative un-crowded nature of the train (yes, I was running late) and the article about the Mets third win in a row, and I had a downright enjoyable trip to work this morning. Also, it's Friday. In an effort to share the love, I've decided to upload this morning's entire playlist. I've been meaning to try out Muxtape anyway, and this seems like the perfect occasion. If you haven't heard, it's basically a site that allows you to upload up to 12 songs to a dedicated url that you can then share with friends, a la the old school mixed tape. Simple. Genius. So if you want to actually hear what I listened to on my way to work today, just click here.
(Note: I only had Bonnie "Prince" Billy's "Sheep" - - a great song off Ease Down The Road - - in mp4 format which Muxtape doesn't allow, so I substituted with a version of "New Partner" from the Daytrotter Sessions. You won't be disappointed.)

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 10
Total minutes of music (approx.): 42
Song with the most previous plays: "Feel Like Myself" - 11
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: This didn't necessarily happen on the way to work, but as soon as I got in to the office, I saw an ad in a magazine for something called Tostitos Creamy Salsa. It actually looks like someone ate a pizza and threw it up into a jar. Nasty.

1 comment:

comoprozac said...

The last time I saw Wilco, they actually didn't play "Misunderstood". That may have been a first for me.