Friday, March 20, 2009

Silver Palomino (Day 193)

Buena Vista Social Club - "Orgullecida"
Samantha Crain & The Midnight Shivers - "Rising Sun"

Don't worry, I've never heard of her either. I guess I downloaded some blog's 2008 compilation called HearYa: Earwood Vol. 1. I think some of the artists on there appealed to me (I'm pretty sure Port O'Brien was one of them). Naturally it just got sucked into the void of 12,509 songs. But you know what? Ms. Crain's got a real nice voice - - kinda Edie Brickell like ('member her?). I'm digging her laid-back folksy charm. Meanwhile, I always liked the band name construction of band leader & band name. Like: Bob Dylan & The Band (classic), or Ryan Adams & The Cardinals (recent). My all time favorite example: Bob Willis & His Texas Playboys. Yours?
Buena Vista Social Club - "Armor De Loca Juventud"
Bruce Springsteen - "Silver Palomino"
David Bowie - "Art Decade"
The Who - "I'm One"

Pavement - "The List Of Dorms"

Teenage Fanclub - "Guiding Star"
The Racounteurs - "Five On The Five"

Cut Chemist - "(My 1st) Big Break"

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - "Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy"

The Go-Betweens - "No Reason To Cry"

Pixies - "I Bleed"

Miles Davis - "Madness"


And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 14
Total minutes of music (approx.): 47
Song with the most previous plays: "Silver Palomino" - 8
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 8
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Happy spring, NYC - - it snowed this morning! Look...















You can't really tell, but those were some huge-ass flakes coming down. K.C. loved it, naturally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason and the Nashville Scorchers. That was their original name, before their record label thought it sounded too regional and dropped the "Nashville."