Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish (Day 194)

KT Tunstall - "Other Side Of The World"
Cat Power - "Willie"
The Smiths - "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish"
Umm, I suppose that this could be the permanent subtitle of this blog - - sadly. But don't abandon me completely... Keep me on your reader. It may not be every day, but I will still continue to update this space. But can you blame me for being preoccupied? Digital world is so crazy, yo! So many distractions. (That's without even getting into the upcoming baseball season.) Look, I'm Twittering a bit. If you need a fix try following me there. (Please, I have, like, no followers.) Then there's this blip.fm thing I just discovered which can only be described as a music Twitter. (Whatever that means...) Anyone can sign on and become a DJ and suggest or "blip" songs to followers, or in this case, listeners. (I literally have no listeners, so please sign up. I'm "gemmanuel" over there.) Could be fun, no? And who knows, perhaps by the next time I blog (boy, that suddenly sounds antiquated) we could be conversing in a virtual world as avatars. What's that, you say? You can already do that...?

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 3
Total minutes of music (approx.): 14
Song with the most previous plays: "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" - 7
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 5
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Short playlist due to subway socializing. When will people ever learn I need to listen to music in the AM! (I kid, Scott, I kid.)

2 comments:

sarah said...

I have yet to Twitter, have ditched the blog, but am intrigued by blip.fm...will get into it around the time it's replaced by something else, probably.

Simon Crowe said...

Hey, nice to know it was you commenting on my Bonnie Prince Billy Twitter