Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not Afraid To Die (Day 199)

Tindersticks - "Tea Stain"
The Wedding Present - "Sucker"
The Wedding Present - "Go, Man, Go"
I must pause here to admire the statistical anomaly that just occurred. It's already rare enough for two songs by the same artist to appear on the shuffle on any given day. But here, two songs by the same artist played back to back - - and they're on the same album! (No, they're not back to back on the Mini Plus EP.) Does my iPod shuffle function need some lube? Maybe the poor device knows that as soon as the newest model of the iPhone is released (with, fingers crossed, at least 32 GB of memory) I'm kicking it to the curb.
Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah - "Goodbye To Mother And The Cove"
Bob Dylan - "Tombstone Blues" [alternate take]
Fleet Foxes - "Sun Giant" (live)
Serge Gainsbourg - "L'hotel particulier"
Dean & Britta - "White Horses"
Stan Getz - "Pennies From Heaven"
Iron & Wine - "Not Afraid To Die" (live)
Juliana Hatfield - "Shining On"
Not sure how Hatfield's latest wound up on my iPod. Honestly. I was a fan of the Blake Babies, and maybe her first album, but that's about it. I do follow her on Twitter, however. But, I think I might stop. Juliana Hatfield is a serious oversharer. And her Tweets are relentless! Look:



















And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 11
Total minutes of music (approx.): 41
Song with the most previous plays:
"Not Afraid to Die" (live) - 8
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 6
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today:

Daughter: Can I get a granola bar?
Dad: Not today.
Daughter: Why not?
Dad: Because you already ate breakfast.
Daughter: But I didn't get one yesterday.
Dad: I know, you had breakfast yesterday too.
Daughter: Dad, let me make you a deal. I didn't get one yesterday and I won't get one today...so I can get one tomorrow.
Dad: What?
Daughter: If I don't get one for 2 days, then on the third day I can get a granola bar.
Dad: Are you still just three years old?

1 comment:

comoprozac said...

Talk about TMI. Her ass is big? Didn't Hatfield recently go to rehab for her eating disorder? She probably Tweeted that whole ordeal as well.