Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder) [Day 197]

Travis - "My Eyes"
Lily Allen - "Fuck You"
Oops. Not sure you were supposed to see that one. Yes it's a Lily Allen song. And it's from her second album. I can't even attribute it to falling for that 2007 summer-fun album with the single "Smile." Listen, the CD was laying around my office so I uploaded it, ok. I haven't really listened to it at all, but I do have to admit, I kinda like her. There's something about Lily. The way she just doesn't seem to take herself or pop stardom very seriously that is appealing. Unfortunately the song seems even way more over-produced than anything on her last album, but the kiss-off lyrics are cute and even positively political ("you say it's not okay to be gay, well I think you're just evil"). Also, her Twitter feed is kinda awesome. It's often about massive amounts of food she consumes (i.e. "
at home, been through post,ignoring stack of bills. mum made me mac and cheese w/bacon bits and shortbread"). Take that Britney!
Conor Oberst - "Laura Laurent" (live)
The Beach Boys - "Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)"
Jens Lekman - "A Man Walks Into A Bar"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 5
Total minutes of music (approx.): 23
Song with the most previous plays:
"Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)" - 6
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 5
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Swine flu? That's nothing. My 3-year-old says there's a monster cat living under the street. Run for your lives!

No comments: