Friday, January 30, 2009

When My Love Crosses Over (Day 185)

Versus - "I Love The WB"
Franz Ferdinand - "Auf Achse"
Today's playlist felt even random-er than most. Lots of styles. Some bands I haven't heard in a while. Etc. And this track was a highlight. I'm kind of into Franz Ferdinand right now. I remember liking them when the rest of the world discovered them - - then dismissing them as one-hit wonders. But lo-and-behold (if that's even how you spell that), their new album is pretty darn good. It mixes Brit synth pop with some fuzzy rock and there's even a folky flourish at the end. Am I alone in my new-found Franz fetish?
Comets On Fire - "Dogwood Rust"
Smog - "Easily Led"
Taj Mahal - "Blind Boy Rag"
Annuals - "Mama"
My Morning Jacket - "I Will Sing You Songs" (live)
The National - "Slipping Husband"
John Hiatt - "When My Love Crosses Over"

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 9
Total minutes of music (approx.): 42
Song with the most previous plays: "When My Love Crosses Over" - 9
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 7
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: Today's commute seemed oddly quiet. Are people fleeing the big city for quieter, CHEAPER, living situations? And can I come?

2 comments:

Uncle E said...

I'm with ya GE! First album great, second album "MEH" and third album pretty damn good!

sarah said...

I've been listening to them a lot more, too. I'm running again (yay) and they're great running music. The new album is really good...it probably helps that I wasn't expecting much, but I really do dig it.