Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Postcards From Italy (Day 181)

Beck - "Youthless"
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - "A KIng At Night"
Blonde Redhead - "Untitled"
The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Iron & Wine - "On Your Wings"
Animal Collective - "Unsolved Mysteries"
It sounds like Animal Collective has made the first bid for best album of '09 - - if you believe the raves. I will remain steadfastly apprehensive. I am still a bit immune to their supposed charms. I like weird. I also like tuneful. I'm much happier when the two meet up and have coffee. That occasionally happens on this track from their 2007 album Strawberry Jam. (Much better than the celebrated Sung Tongs, if you ask me.) Hopefully this evolution means Merriweather Post Pavilion is something to get excited about. Anyone listen to it yet?
Belle & Sebastian - "Mayfly"
Billy Bragg & Wilco - "Stetson Kennedy"
Charles Mingus - "Pedal Point Blues"
Interpol - "Heinrich Maneuver"
Beirut - "Postcards From Italy"
Fuck, Italy. Here's your postcard from America. 1/20/09.


The Republic is alive and well. Wish you were here.

And then I got to work.

Today's Stats
Total songs listened to: 13
Total minutes of music (approx.): 45
Song with the most previous plays: "Postcards From Italy" - 15
How I Rate Today's Playlist (1-10): 7
Miscellaneous factoid about my trip to work today: I have a cold.

1 comment:

comoprozac said...

That list is better than a 7.

I would comment on the Animal Collective, but my LP is on back order. So much for pre-ordering the format they were going to release early.

Oh, and yeah, fuck Italy. Today was a good day.